Please review the Student Parent Handbook for all policies and procedures regarding attendance, return to school, make-up work, and participation eligibility.
College visits are an important part of planning a student's future beyond Marian High School. Before visiting a college campus, the student must notify the Attendance Office of the planned absence at least 24 hours in advance of the date of absence.
A note from the college where the student visited with confirmation of attendance must be submitted to the Attendance Office upon the student's return to Marian in order to mark the absence as excused. Juniors and Seniors are allowed two excused visits per school year for visiting colleges.
Frequent or Prolonged Illness
Planned Extended Absence
- personal illness
- funerals for death in the immediate family or for persons outside the immediate family with parental permission
- medical and legal appointments - such appointments should be scheduled after school hours when possible
- school-sponsored field trips and retreats
- school/college visits for Juniors and Seniors
- no parent/guardian contact with the school giving an explanation for the absence on the day of the absence
- no physician's note to excuse an absence once more than five days of absence have occurred
- absences other than those defined as excused