Deb Cseh, Nurse email@example.com
574.259.5257 ext. 311
Office Hours & Location
The Nurse’s Office is open from 8:00 until 3:00 during regularly scheduled school days. The Nurse’s Office is located across the hall from the cafeteria. The office phone number is 574-259-5257 ext. 311.
Health Services are provided for students by a Registered Nurse. If issues are not an emergency, students should go to the Nurse’s Office during break or lunch as not to miss any class work.
About the Nurse’s Office
The nurse coordinates the programs the State of Indiana requires for the prevention and detection of physical ailments. The nurse is also responsible for distribution of medicine for those students under doctor’s care. She is also responsible for obtaining and maintaining state mandated health records, immunizations and health screenings.
About the Nurse
Mrs. Deb Cseh is the Marian School Nurse and is a graduate of Marian High School. Her clinical nursing experience includes Cardiac Rehabilitation, Interventional Radiology, Obstetrics and Gynecology and most recently worked as a School Nurse for South Bend Schools.
Students who must take any form of medication during school hours should do so under the following conditions:
- Students who need prescription or over-the-counter medications administered at school must bring the medication directly to the Attendance Office.
- All the medications must be in the original container. Prescription medication must have a pharmacy label indicating the student’s name, type of medication, dosage, and times to administer. Over the counter medication (i.e. Advil, Tylenol, or Aleve) must be in the original container and labeled with the student’s name.
- A permission form signed by both the prescribing physician and a parent/guardian is required for prescription medications.
- A permission form must be completed and signed by parent/guardian for administering over the counter medications.
- Students should keep inhalers on their person so they are accessible when medically indicated. An Inhaler Self Administration Form needs to be completed by the prescribing physician, as well as signed by the parent/guardian and student and submitted to the nurse.
- Medication will be administered under the direct supervision of the School Nurse, Principal, Assistant Principal, Dean of Students, Main Office Secretary, or Attendance Office Secretary.
- No student, under any circumstances, is allowed to consume or administer medication in school without the direct supervision of the School Nurse, Principal, Assistant Principal, Dean of Students, Main Office Secretary, or Attendance Office Secretary.
- Students need a pass/admit before or after receiving medication.
Illness/Early Dismissal Due To Illness
If your child is not feeling well, please keep him or her home. Students must be fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications before returning to school. If your teen has a fever or is exhibiting other symptoms such as body aches, vomiting, diarrhea, or coughing, please keep him or her at home. Students are advised to remain home if suffering from active illness in order to protect other students and staff from possible disease transmission.
When a student becomes ill or injured during class, a pass to the Nurse’s Office must be obtained from the current teacher. If a student is too ill to remain in school, the nurse will notify the parents. Students are not allowed to make arrangements to go home on their own. If the parent is unavailable, the persons designated on the student’s emergency card will be called. It is important that all phone numbers be kept current for the protection of the student. If a student is absent for five consecutive days it is mandatory that he/she presents a physician’s note indicating that the student has been seen and is safe to return to school. This will allow the student to take the absences as excused and more importantly, reassure the school community that we are making every effort to minimize the transmission of treatable contagious diseases. Parents may report an absence to the Attendance Office at 574-259-5257 ext. 313.
Parents are requested to report all confirmed or suspected contagious diseases to the school nurse.