About Our Library
USE OF FACILITIES AND SERVICES
The computer lab area is for student use before or after school, or during the school day with permission from a teacher. Marian High School strictly adheres to all diocesan policies regarding computer and internet use, and all technology found within our facility is filtered and monitored to maintain diocesan standards.
Printing and copying services are free to students but limited to 20 single-sided pages or 10 double-sided pages per student per visit.
Along with the computer lab, comfortable lounge seating for quiet reading and reflection and open table space for collaborative learning are available to students throughout the school day. In addition, the private conference room can be reserved through the library staff.
Check out or renew a book?
Reserve a book or resource?
Request an outside resource?
Reserve the conference room?
- Materials can be checked out of the library for one three-week session and may be renewed once for an additional three-week session. Each student is responsible for all material borrowed in his or her name; fines are not charged for overdue materials, but students are responsible for lost items.
- In order to ensure materials are returned in a timely manner for others to use, detentions will be given for long-overdue materials.
- Once an item is overdue by weeks:
- A detention will be given to the responsible student
- If the student continues to fail to return the item, the item will be considered lost and the student’s account will be charged for full replacement value of the lost item(s) plus a five dollar processing fee.
- Debts remaining at the end of the school year will be reported to the Business Office.
- Caps and gowns will not be given to any senior with an outstanding balance.
- Students who abuse library materials may have their library privileges suspended.
- Any items checked out at the time a student withdraws from school must be returned to the library before the student’s account is cleared.