Fine and Performing Arts
FINE ARTS PROGRAM
Marian students are blessed with the opportunity to develop their creative talents in our incredible Fine Arts department.
Marian offers an extensive range of art classes, from drawing and sculpture to photography and digital design, including several Advanced Placement courses for college credit. Students in these classes regularly place in regional and national competitions, including the National Scholastic Art Awards in New York City.
The faculty in our Fine Arts department are second to none!
2019 Award Highlights
- Apisara Sunantra won an American Voice Award with $100 stipend for her print titled "Throw Back '90s."
- Kelly Skwarcan won the Northern Indiana Pastel Society Award with $100 stipend for her drawing titled "Into the Woods."
- Rue Desmarais was recognized for the Silver Key on his Portfolio and was given a $1,000 scholarship.
- Mrs. Gina Bonewitz was given recognition for Excellence in Teaching.
- Mrs. Kitty Gunty won the Ann Hamilton Award for Inspired Teaching.
- Noah Majewski '21 won a Silver Award at the national level for his photograph titled "My Fast Childhood."
PERFORMING ARTS PROGRAM
The Performing Arts Program at Marian is a rich blend of courses and after-school activities to provide options for our students to find the right mix of academic and enrichment experience.
We offer layered theater coursework for the serious thespian, and our choir program emphasizes liturgical and choral chamber studies. Marian produces a school play twice per year and a talent show each spring, all to rave reviews from the community.
The talent within our Marian student body never ceases to amaze us!