National Honor Society
Members of National Honor Society are selected based on scholarship, leadership, character, and service. This group provides the tutors for the school's tutoring program.
- Applications open Monday, September 9, 2019
- Applications are due Monday, September 23, 2019
- Induction Ceremony for new members will be held Monday, October 21, 2019 at 7:00 pm
- National Honor Society Application
What is National Honor Society?
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to recognize those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, service, leadership, and character. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since its beginning in 1921.
Today, it is estimated that more than one million students participate in NHS activities. NHS chapters are found in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, many U.S. territories, and Canada. Chapter membership not only recognizes students for their accomplishments, but challenges them to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service.
courtesy of National Honor Society
- Complete application on time.
- Leadership positions in which the applicant is elected or appointed in the school, the larger community or work activities that the applicant have participated in since beginning high school. Only those positions in which he or she are directly responsible for guiding or motivating others can be included. Some examples include: student council or club officer, committee chairperson, athletic team or spirit night captain, church youth group or liturgical leader, work manager, coach, Boy or Girl Scout, VBS leader, or Marian ambassador.
- Service activities in which the applicant have participated since the beginning of high school. These can be service projects done with a group in or out of school, or done as an individual service project. Service to one's family may be included on your application once. Generally, service activities are those which are done for or on behalf of others for which neither monetary nor other form of compensation was given and received.
- Signatures - parent, faculty sponsor, and applicant.